The Division 2 Will Get the More Updates, Announcement Seemingly Surprised Developers

 The Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment have confirmed today  The Division 2 will receive more content of this year, doubling down on statements made by the Ubisoft’s CEO earlier this week during  call with the investors.

The Division 2 Will Get the More Updates, Announcement Seemingly Surprised Developers



The current season The Division 2 is name “End of Watch” and wraps up the storyline and character are that began all  way back in the first game. That fact, along with the news of The Division 2 developer Massive working on  big new the Star Wars game, led many players to speculate that the most recent update, the Title Update 12, was  last planned content update.

It turns out of those players were correct. But since then, plans have changed. Massive the announced today on the Twitter and Reddit that TU12 was indeed planned final update for the game, but  the studio is now changing course. It will release more content later this year, but had no additional details to share at this time.

“Today, we are thrilled to confirm that the there will be additional content for The Division 2 released later of this year! It is your continuous the passion and support which enables us to continue to the build upon The Division 2 experience, and we cannot thank you enough for the that.”

News of more The Division 2 content was the first vaguely announcement by Ubisoft’s CEO Yves Guillemot earlier this the week. During a February 12 call with the investors, he said Massive would work with others Ubisoft studios together on the series. “You are going to see more on The Division in this year and the year after,” said Guillemot. Today’s announcement from Massive specifies that the players can look out for more The Division 2 content and not some big a new sequel from the looter shooter franchise. Beyond that though, Massive’s announcement is vague and does not really explain what kind of content will be added or when, beyond the later this year. Almost as if they too did not know there was going to be more the content until Guillemot declared it.

I do not expect a Warlords of New York sized DLC to be a released this year, but instead more seasons of the content with small new missions, and some new weapons added every few months. Not a super exciting, but for fans of The Division 2 at least the game is not dead.

Comments